Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's Nearly Two

It's Nearly Two, By Calvin Tuckett

I said to them "what shall we do.
It's getting late, It's nearly two."

To stay out late just isn't good.
They shook their heads'; they understood.

Then like something from above
I said to her with fathers love

"I must watch for your folks to
I know they love and care for you

A disappointment it would be
If vows weren't made on bended knee."

I told the two of them you see
"I know it's hard but it must be."

"Harder still would be to say
We're sorry mom and dad today."

They tried they're best and life went on.
They kissed goodnight before the dawn.

The days like that now are gone.
The nights aware when we would yawn.

The wedding it is over now.
The kneeling down the solemn vow.

If I could have one wish in ten.
I'd wish to do it all again.

No comments:

A collection of short articles that represent my perspective on the world.