Saturday, March 13, 2010

Under The Dairy Queen Lights

Under The Dairy Queen Lights, By Calvin Tuckett

We've got a kid who's found "the one."
He's in a daze.  It's kinda fun.

He brought her home the other day.
She's very cute, and I must say.

She floats around and loves him so.
They're on the phone and spending dough.

He bought a ring, it's for her finger.
And now her friends, oh how they linger.

He bought it at the store you know.
The plan was later he would show.

Under the Dairy Queen foyer lights
That's just the place to say what's right.

She thought that she would see it now
No need to wait and make him bow.

He gave in, she got the ring.
The date is set for in the spring.

Sometimes the hours they get too late
We worry much about their fate.

Two little kids have found much more
It's like they found a candy store

Just down the street and easy walkin
To be together; now look whose talkin.

I remember the good old days.
I know just why in town he stays.

You remember being out 'till three or so;
And coming home on tippie toe.

I remember the fun I had;
I'd better go and get the lad.

So I gt up at one or so
To her apartments where I go.

Sure enough I find him there.
"We fell asleep" a thought they share.

Sleepy eyed he said again
"I'll be home in five or ten."

I winked at her to show my love.
To me she's like a turtle dove.

No comments:

A collection of short articles that represent my perspective on the world.